DISCIPLESHIP FUNDAMENTALS – THE BIG 10
1) Prayer (developing some kind of individualized prayer plan) – TACOS
b) Adoration (Praise)
d) Others (Intercession)
e) Self (Supplication)
2) Bible Reading (developing some kind of individualized reading plan)
3) Bible Memorization (“AWCFROGROL” verses first, then additions)
4) Learning How to Study the Bible (using the NIV Study Bible “helps”)
5) “The Bible Song” (tool to learn the books of the Bible in successive order)
6) The 4 “Questions” (asked regularly/weekly)
a) Who are you praying for to accept Jesus and what are you actively doing to build relationship with these folks?
b) Who are you currently mentoring/discipling and what are you actively doing to guide them in the fundamentals of the faith (ie – Big 10) either “front or back door”?
c) Who are prayerfully considering as other future prospects for potential mentoring?
d) Who is currently mentoring you and who are you pursuing as potential additional “Mentors” in your life (and what are you actively doing regarding considering them?)
7) Review Accountability Questions (recommended at least bi-monthly)
8) Give a “Gospel Presentation” given the 10 verse AWCFROGROL sequence
9) Develop your “Testimony” (write-out a 3 minute testimony that entails)
a) Who you were before you gave your life to Jesus?
b) Describe your “Life Change” circumstances (an actual “event” or process of weeks/months)
c) Who you are now, “post-conversion”?
10) Practice leading others into relationship with Jesus through a “Prayer of Salvation” (based off the AWCFROGROL sequence totally/partially)
A – ADMIT (Romans 3:23) – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of god
W – WAGES (Romans 6:23) – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of god is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord
C – CONFESS (Romans 10:9) – That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in y our heart that god raised him from the dead, you will be saved
F – FORGIVE (I John 1:9) – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness
R – REPENT (Acts 3:19) – Repent, then, and turn to god, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the lord
O – OPEN (Revelation 3:20) – Here I am, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me
G – GRACE (Ephesians 2:8 9) – For it is by grace that you have been saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god, not by works, so that no one can boast
R – RECEIVE (John 1:12) – Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
O – OBEY (I John 2:3 4) – We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, “I know him”, but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him
L – LOVE (John 14:21) – Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my father, and I too will love him and show myself to him