RECOMMEND ON SPIRITUAL WARFARE ISSUES
1) This website regarding freedom in jesus and spiritual warfare, written by Mike Riches. very simple and very clear
website to order – https://www.sycamorecommission.org/Home/ (click link to resources)
2) “The Three Questions of Spiritual Warfare”, by Dr Clinton Arnold (the Director of the ThM program and professor of New Testament Languages and Literature at Talbot School of Theology)
Explanation of three primary questions in spiritual warfare;
a) What is it?
b) Can Christians be “possessed”?
c) Are we supposed to pray against territorial spirits?
3) Binding & Loosing: Exercising Authority over the Dark Powers (Paperback)
by – Neil Foster
biblical explanation for the doctrine of binding and loosing (Matthew 16:19 and 18:18)
BEST TESTIMONIAL BOOK ON DELIVERENCE / FREEDOM
1) Deliver Us from Evil: A Pastor’s Reluctant Encounters with the Powers of Darkness by Don Basham (Paperback – May 1, 2005)
2) “Delivered from the power of Witchcraft”, by Mayaba S. Choongo
* Tremendous in communicating the “principals” of spiritual warfare in relationship to personal demonization of believers
BEGINNINGS FOR ANYONE
1) “Victory Over the Darkness”, by Neil Anderson
God promises that we will live triumphantly. But what keeps us from really walking in the joy of the Lord? The powers of darkness attack us daily. The book shows that you can have the power to conquer them by knowing who you are in Christ.
2) “The Bondage Breaker”, by Neil Anderson
Reveals the whys and hows of spiritual warfare and exposes Satan’s battle for your mind. It shares the powerful truth that will break even the most stubborn habits or private sins.
3) “The Beginners Guide to Spiritual Warfare”, by Neil Anderson and Tim Warner
explanation of the elementary principles of spiritual warfare (recognizing the lies of the enemy and destroying them with the truths of god). especially good for those with no previous frame of reference for spiritual warfare related issues (very elementary, in the best way)
4) “The Steps to Freedom in Christ”, by Neil Anderson
36 page handbook dealing with the lies and deceptions that the enemy uses to hinder and injure our relationship with Jesus (and others), with numerous corresponding “confessions of truth” to counteract the enemies lies
FOR THOSE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR RESOURCES FOR HOW TO PRAY OVER THEIR CHILDREN IN REGARDS TO SPIRITUAL WARFARE
1) “Spiritual Protection for Your Children”, by Neil Anderson
* includes helpful prayers for children of various ages
2) “The Power of the Praying Parent”, by Stormie Omartian
ADDITIONALLY, TWO GREAT OPTIONS IN PARTICULAR FOR WOMEN (though both books could be read by men and women)
1) “Breaking Free” by Beth Moore
Outstanding book on freedom, spiritual warfare, strongholds, unbelief. she has a couple of great chapters on generational sin! also discusses how to handle being abused as a child. not a “deliverance” book but OUTSTANDING definition of freedom, and why many christians are held captive. this book for those with no frame of reference for deliverance…..maybe a newer christian who needs the biblical depth of the big picture.
2) “Lord, I Want to be Whole” by Stormie Omartian
consider this book if someone is in conversation about freedom in Jesus and needs specific education about a “freedom prayer time”. covers much education about how pray, how to stay free and what may jump you through sin. great examples of her own deliverance….encourages folks to find someone who is qualified to pray with them.
SUPPLEMENTARY BOOKS ON SPIRITUAL WARFARE
1) “How to Cast Out Demons”, by Doris Wagner (wife of Peter Wagner,
Director of Missions and World Evangelism at Fuller Seminary)
Excellent, very basic book explaining spiritual warfare from a lay-persons
2) “Evicting Demonic Intruders”, by Noel and Phyl Gibson (mentors to Doris
Wagner, who wrote the book above)
* A guide on deliverence ministry and ministering freedom to oppressed
3) “Listen to Me, Satan”, by Carlos Anacondia, evangelist from Argentina